Monday, December 5, 2011

New Topic

For everyone's information our group had our last get-together this year to share our 'Fantasy' 12x12 quilts. I am sure that Ashleigh will manage to get these on our blog soon, in between all the demands of being a new Mum to a handsome little baby boy - Lincoln! Once again we have all gone in such different directions, although a few had floral ideas for this topic. We also received our new topic.......'CHILDHOOD'. Wow this topic definitely is one to cause brain overload!!! I have pages of ideas but have narrowed it down to 2 that I would like to try. We have a lot longer for this challenge due to Christmas and New year. Our get-together is on Feb 12th in 2012!!! .......where has this year gone! One of the most exciting things for me is to look at my wall where I have 8 FINISHED (well technically number 8 still needs it's binding!!) 12x12 quilts hanging! They may be small but they represent hours & hours of thought and stitching and lots of new ideas and techniques tried!! I can see little things I would change, but as a whole I am really happy with my results! 4 more to go!! The most exciting thing though will be getting all of our quilts together when we have finished all 12 topics! For anyone considering joining a group like this - GO FOR IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment